Troubleshooting the Network Diary
Article ID: |
Do you have the Skills Required?Installation of the Network Diary is possible by non IT people, but if it is recommended that you have the following skills:
* Must be able to move files and folders using Windows Explorer.
* Must have a basic understanding of Network security, and have administrator rights on all PC's
* Must be able to setup file sharing between PC's on a Local Area Network.
* Should be able to edit INI files with a text editor
* Should be able to read and understand logfiles.
If you do not feel comfortable performing the above tasks, you can get an IT person to perform the installation, or you can follow the detailed instructions in the help file - but it is very important that you follow each step carefully.
The Network Diary isn't overly complicated, but there are certain steps which must be done in order, for the system to work.